View Single Post
Old 24-04-03, 10:40 AM   #44
reg0232

Unhappy Certain lines that make you sad

Quote:
Originally posted by JackUzi
I'm not talking about whole songs just the odd line in a certain song that affects you when you hear it...for example...

"The moon just went behind the clouds to hide it's face and cry"-----"I'm so lonesome I could cry" by Hank Williams
Any other suggestions?
... i'm a little bit country ... very, very, very little ... actually, i really don't like country music, but there was always 1 song that my family (who love country) listened to that i grew to love... & you named it ... "i'm so lonesome i could cry" ... that is one song (among others), that really gets to me... especially if i'm feeling lonely, or in a moody mood, for some other reason. & it's funny, because, this morning, we got snow flurries (can you believe it??? argh!!!)!!! & the robins were all fluffed up, under some trees outside, trying to keep warm, & i was just watching them, feeling sad for them ... & the words to this song came to mind, again ... & i know you asked for just a line in a song that affects me, when i hear it ... well, i just gotta say that every single line in this short little song, affects moody me ... yup, each line ...

Hear that lonesome whippoorwill,
He sounds too blue to fly.
The midnight train is whining low,
I'm so lonesome I could cry.
I've never seen a night so long
When time goes crawling by.
The moon just went behind a cloud
To hide its face and cry.

Did you ever see a robin weep,
When leaves began to die?
That means he's lost the will to live,
I'm so lonesome I could cry.