Thread: Dead Soldiers
View Single Post
Old 26-04-04, 12:19 PM   #8
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts

i think if we're willing to send kids to their deaths we ought to be willing to look at em returning. the war department’s being too coy by half. these caskets are anonymous in the extreme - making the "violation of privacy" arguments hollow. it's definitely a bush thing. bush I instituted the rule for the first time, while clinton actually publicly received them returning (as did reagan), now bush II continues it at dover and for the first time at other receiving stations as well. as usual in many things surrounding war, the decisions aren't protecting the soldiers as much as protecting the so-called leaders, by shielding them from continued embarrassment, the basis of the “dover rule.” as the mother of dead us soldier recently said, “we need to stop hiding the deaths of our young.”

- js.

Nice picture, do you have one using the dead from the WTC making the face of Bill Clinton? Hey maybe you could do one of LBJ with the dead soliders from the Veitnam War. Think the Liberal Bush Hating BBC would do one? Or maybe the NY Times could do it....."????"......

Last edited by Sinner : 26-04-04 at 12:45 PM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote