View Single Post
Old 05-05-02, 01:04 PM   #6
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Exclamation

Quote:
paraphrased from TwinSpan:

One question: will you be including IP bouncing?
This is a VERY excellent point TwinSpan and right now the answer is no...however I do have another article i intend to do for the Napsterites to show you all just how dangerous and how vulnerable we all are....and yes

i can't hardly wait to write it...i hope it will be enjoyed as much as my previous article on using the Getright browser to connect with Supernodes now that parts of the fasttrack network have been changed to act and behave differently and older clients [1.4 and below) have been rendered useless by changing the protocol (language that is spoken of the internet) by the current Fasttrack clients.

Without giving too much away...KaZaA or at least the network has its own form of DNS (domain name service) meaning you type in a name like :

www.google.com and it gets translated into its numerical form of 216.239.39.100

try this:

click this link http://216.239.39.100 and see if it doesn't also take you to the Google search engine website.

This is normal and its a natural part of the way the internet works

From my findings (based on the works of Indiana Jones and Scyth) i've been able to determine that fasttrack clients (KaZaA is the only one I've studied but this should apply to Grokster too, possibly Imesh [but I don't know about Imesh--i'm trying to take one thing and do it well instead of knowing a little bit about a LOT of things i'd rather know a LOT about one thing ]

Anyways, I've learned that KaZaA through its DNS service (encrypted of course to "normal eyes" but not to my pioneering private eyes , lol) does associate your ip address with your UserName@KaZaA its quite remarkable how this works and as far as I know no one else has documented this...

I'm a little reluctant too document this for the following reasons:

A)I want to better the user's experience with Fasttrack....open sourcing would be the BEST WAY to do that...until then all we have our independent studies (like those being made by me and others who will share their findings with others) by doing this it helps to furthur the research and would be considered a form of "reversing" the network (reverse-engineering) only because the fasttrack protocols have not been made known and are kept a tightly guarded secret from the world in general.

the downside of documenting discoveries made is:

B)The RIAA now has information which they need to track down offenders and do exactly what you said

and or

C)people will misuse these findings for harmful intents and purposes(defrauding the network, other clients, peers, etcetera) such as compromising a vulnerable client ran by a naive user.

However knowledge in the right hands his power in the wrong hands it can be a very lethal and destructive force. Its sad that my research is the only research that is currently being made available.
butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote