View Single Post
Old 03-03-02, 02:02 PM   #20
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Default Re: Enough allready phateboard...

Quote:
Originally posted by BuzzB2K

There's about 14 or 15 of us who used to post on the MusicCity Forum, several thousand posts between us. We did their tech support, answered questions, helped users get the most from Morpheus. What did we get out of doing this for them? They just shut the board down with no warning losing a lot of good information in the process. As to people working their butts off to provide us with the software to use, someone has put in al lot of work providing the tools for us, but it sure wasn't anyone from MusicCity\Streamcast. Twice they have pulled their users off the network they were on and given us a "New" repackaged program with their name pasted on it so as to who is giving up on whom...
Sorry everyone, I just had to repeat it because it is a very good point. Sure, except for Napster, all the p2p are pretty much free and I don't expect much service from them, but when you screw over the community that was trying to help them, then they can't really ask for our support. (as Buzz says...no warning, no explaination, they still haven't really said anything about the forums being down but they were pretty quick to make a comment on the security issue) We the users were keeping Morpheus alive because I'm sure a majority of users asking questions would've gone to other programs if not for the help of kind people like Buzz and a handful of others ...and what did they do?....screw us over with shuttting down the forums and screw us again by not stating that the new Morpheus is really a new different program.

There are a bunch of "lost" people angered and sadden that they have spent hours or days on a download and don't know how to finish them. Most of them don't know about other forums like this one, and are completey left in the dark. According to Buzz, they aren't getting much help from the Morpheus chatrooms.

If Morpheus does turn out to be a good p2p program then I'll use it, but I'm sure not going to help them get there...seeing as how they like to screw over users that help them.

Quote:
by Oscar
That's what it was all about..Helping one another.
completely agree

Last edited by JohnDoe345 : 03-03-02 at 02:27 PM.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote