View Single Post
Old 02-03-02, 08:32 AM   #5
JackSpratts

Maybe it's genetic, I don't know, but I've been never been able to have too many file sharing apps! I like them all in concept. I'm going to keep it.

Streamcast will know by today what the entire planet thinks of their little baby. They'll know that you can't slap something together at the last second and expect people to embrace it as the New Morpheus! If they have half a brain they'll be working mightily to create the “real one”, and I'll be here when they do.

It helps to remember why this happened. The gangster tactics used by the RIAA saw the Dutch fine Fasttrack out of existence, forcing them to sell their assets to Sharman, fracturing the whole network. The suits against Kazaa, grokster and Morpheus, have everyone on the ropes, fighting for their own existence, and that usually means fighting against each other. Divide and conquer up close.

So the best thing I can think of to do is to not allow RIAA tactics to work. The way I do that is by using these products and working for the community.

It's hard to remember this but there are 6 billion of us.

And just a few hundred of them.

No way they can win this one!

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote