View Single Post
Old 13-07-01, 09:24 PM   #2
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

I'm really looking forward to being a part of whatever this new area of the forum becomes and I want to thank virtually everyone in the Napsterites community for making it a possibility, especially the crazy generousity of Mr. Gaz and the preternatural foresight and inspiration that is Ms. Tankgirl.

As a musician, my take is that this should be a place for "shop talk" - a place where musicians can learn from one another, talk about equipment and technical concerns - to collaborate to whatever extent is offered us here - and most importantly to harness and inform the growing consciousness of the electronic globalization of 'local' music made by real people. But I don't want, nor do your kind moderators want, the 'non-musicians' in the community to be bored or alienated here. As far as I am concerned, the 'appropriate subject matter' here is as wide open as the simple words 'The Music.'

If you are a musician, feel free to present your music, introduce yourself, strategize, theorize, haggle, schmooze, exhibit pent-up angst that no one understands or just be extemporaneous and hang out and smoke cigarettes. If you're not a musician you can make fun of us, be our groupies, talk about music that's better than us, post pictures of teen idols, or try to be one.

(But don't try to buy drugs from us, Gaz says that's a No-No.)

At the outset, it was felt that the 'wall between the fora' should be low yet specific and natural enough aspects of the community concern that all should find a place here. ...And here's to making the forum a more interesting place to be...

Ramona
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote