View Single Post
Old 30-12-04, 06:35 AM   #30
HellBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
how about a gross of body bags?

no tears here....since the electorate made it clear they don't mind putting their kids' lives in the hands of this idiot, i'll invest no more emotion in the situation. as long as it's not my child getting blown up, i have no problem if other people want to sacrifice their children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi
i dont see anywhere he said he wants to see others kids killed
you want to twist it like he said something like that
but get real..
if you dont have a kid in the military over there its always going to
be 'others' kids getting killed
how someone deals with it emotionaly
is a personal decision
and non-debateable..

/still got nothing..
Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
it's an allegory, HB - don't get too carried away with it. it applies to the majority of the electorate who, by re-electing Bush, gave him a big thumbs up for sending America's military off on the fool's errand that is the war in Iraq.

perhaps i should have just characterized it as "sacrificing our military" to make it more palatable for you folks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
Duck & Cover

whoohoo
yes multi, re-read his top post, i even bolded the section i was talking about.

knife, you arent going to waste any more emotion on other peoples kids? well i hope no one you know ever has a child that gets sent over to iraq.

but as long as it isnt your kid who cares right? here are some sacrifical numbers for you with a link following. only 10,000 wounded and 1,334 dead, but you only care about your children right?

American forces suffered over 10,000 wounded in action [WIA] no later than early on the morning of 22 December 2004. The Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) US Casualty Status report of Tuesday 21 December 2004 indicated that as of 1000 a.m. EDT [600 pm Baghdad time] there had been a total of 9,981 American service members wounded in action. These figures are updated weekly on Tuesday. Twenty-two people were killed and 72 others wounded following an explosion in a dining facility at Forward Operating Base Marez in southwest Mosul on 21 December 2004. It is not clear whether these casualties were reflected in this report. If they were not, then this single event pushed the WIA number well over the 10,000 mark. In any event, for the month of December, the casualty rate was running at somewhat less than one casualty an hour. Consequently, no later than hours of the following midnite, in the early morning hours of Wednesday 22 December 2004, the 10,000th wounded in action casualty was suffered by American forces.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...casualties.htm

oh, and i must be pmsing to get so carried away.