View Single Post
Old 19-12-06, 03:15 PM   #12
JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
By the way, if I sound argumentative I apologize. Maybe I've been spending too much time in the Political Asylum.
well ok, but calling waste the 8-track of secure file-sharing was a bit extreme.

if only it were true!

imagine hopping into a multi-colored van and being greeted with "Dude! You gotta check out this new MESH!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
Once you've exiled all the people in your mesh who make you feel unsafe (something you can only do by making them want to leave on their own), WASTE works perfectly.

you've just described every private tracker i've ever visited lol. ditto btw soulseek and its own brand of ban-mad power-sharers.

in the p2p community waste has no monopoly on social tension and uber-cliques, peculiar or otherwise. one need only gaze back at the turbulent genesis of this very forum to see that. but yes, as long as apathy, member differences or a determined troll can disrupt a community then waste groups, like any social organization will be vulnerable. on the other hand since no one can be forced to leave under any circumstances i’m always happily surprised to see meshes lasting as long as they do.

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote