View Single Post
Old 10-09-04, 11:51 PM   #13
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

DD

I stay by my word, wouldn't touch the book with a 20 foot pole. Not because of my convictions but because of what the book represent, deal with the terrorists more violently than we do right now. The point is, how can one understand terrorisim or even understand it's roots if one cannot see what is behind it or causing it, it's all cause and effects.

The first article i posted is by Alan Dershowitz, a bit of his book was about. I always try to keep an open mind but also not to be swindle by such talks about how to deal with those terrorists. Saw a doco tonight called "Death in Gaza", and i've never seen the palestinian side this closely before, it was done through 3 kids eyes, about what they thought and felt and their entourage, how they influenced them. They are about 10 to 12 years old and they already know how to make hand grenades and know how to make them blow to sharpnels, that was some heavy shit. They are already, ready do die for their country, by blowing themselves up as last recourse to strike back. If you ever see it on HBO, it's one of their production, it's really worth the watch to even begin to understand terrorisim.

In that doco, we follow the lives of 3 distinct boy who have the same thing in common, a deep rooted hatred toward the jewish state. So imo, it doesn't help that those kids harbour such a deep loathing and hatred toward them since they are young + the propaganda written on walls on how to be a martyr will send you directly to heaven with the blessings of celestials virgins promissed by jhiad activists... each of them have lost close family and relatives to armed jewish settlers which help to fuel their hatrid even more. They just bloody hate them and even at the age of five, some palestinian kids wish they'd blow up their first... Just to say, it really got me scared and heartbroken to see this type of fanatic fervor in such youg eyes. So where to even begin not to understand why there is terrorisim.

I also found that one cannot classify terrorisim in a whole, one type of terrorisim is for demands, like we've recently seen with those 2 french journalists, they wanted too make a polititcal statement about girls not being able to wear the veil at school. The second type is just plain and total disreguard for life, like we've seen in russia. What i've also notice about the second type is that, it's mostly done to have independence. It's a damn wrong way to achive it, violence always generate more violence. Dealing with the terrorists more violently will only generate more terrorists. In the doco, we also see armed masked palestinians militant which one of the boy already work for and aspire to become like them. One of the militant said that if they were to send him with a bomb to blow up himself in the jewish state, there would be another 1000 boys ready to replace him.

Also discovered an interesting fact, which I didn't know of

Quote:
Eight Journalists Killed and 304 Wounded During Al-Aqsa Intifada

"As the Intifada enters its fourth year, the number of journalists killed by the occupation forces reached eight, the last of which was James Miller, a British cameraman working for HBO .."

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM - Since the outbreak of the Al Aqsa Intifada on September 28, 2000, journalists have played a vital role on the international, regional and local levels, through documenting and uncovering the Israeli crimes- against the Palestinian people- to the whole world. Palestinian journalists have proved, through their professionalism and rare bravery, that they're capable of going above and beyond the call of duty, the thing that irritated the Israeli occupation forces (IOF) and made them target those journalists.

In light of the competition of the IT the world's going through, it was impossible for the Israeli government to stop the flow of information and news through the different channels of media, which gave it no choice but to target the journalists themselves.

Targeting Journalists

As the Intifada enters its fourth year, the number of journalists killed by the occupation forces reached eight, the last of which was James Miller, a British cameraman working for Home Box Office (HBO), who was murdered by the occupation forces on May 3, 2003 in the city of Rafah, south of the Gaza Strip, of while covering the destruction Palestinian houses there by Israeli bulldozers.

Another cameraman, Nazih Darwazeh, working for Palestine TV, faced the same fate as Miller, as he was shot dead by an Israeli soldier in the West Bank city of Nablus on April 19, 2003 despite being in close proximity to the soldier which allowed Darwazeh to inform the soldier of his journalist identity minutes before he was murdered.

In a recent statistic prepared by the International Press Center (IPC) of the State Information Service (SIS), 304 (Palestinians, Arab and Foreign) journalists were wounded by the IOF and armed Jewish settlers, including 167 journalists wounded by gunshots and shrapnel. 137 others were wounded by physical assault (beating), gas canisters and other types of assaults.

It is obvious that the occupation forces intentionally target the working with the most influential international news agencies.

In the first year of the Intifada, the ratio of wounded journalists working for foreign agencies was 46.6%. Those journalists who worked for the largest news agencies in the world, (AFP, Reuters and AP) represented 29.3% of the total wounded journalists.

In the second year of the Intifada, the ratio of wounded journalists who worked with non-Arabic news agencies reached 46.05%. As for the third year, this ratio rose up to 47.11%.

On March 6, 2003 during the Israeli invasion of Jabalia refugee camp, north of Gaza Strip, an Israeli tank fired a shell on journalists and firefighters, wounding two journalists of Reuters, Ahmad Jadallah, (photographer) who was severely wounded in the two legs and Shamseddin Odeh (cameraman) in his left foot.

On April 9, 2002 in Nablus City, Gilles Jacquie, France2 cameraman, was critically wounded after being shot in the chest by Israeli soldiers.
more

So why shoot at them, to me, it looks like a bunch of armed terrorists.

Also read the web page you referred me to, to keep an open mind. It didn't help much. from the page

Quote:
In 1983, the Anti-Defamation League of the B'nai B'rith presented him with the William O. Douglas First Amendment Award for his "compassionate eloquent leadership and persistent advocacy in the struggle for civil and human rights." In presenting the award, Nobel Laureate Elie Wiesel said: "If there had been a few people like Alan Dershowitz during the 1930s and 1940s, the history of European Jewry might have been different." He has been awarded the honorary doctor of laws degree by Yeshiva University, the Hebrew Union College, Monmouth College, and Haifa University. The New York Criminal Bar Association honored Professor Dershowitz for his "outstanding contribution as a scholar and dedicated defender of human rights."
Just reading that churned my stomach. The B'nai B'rith giving him an award was enough for me... Over here, this organisation are very powerfull lobbyist and ofter pressure our prime such as, no way, not al-jazeera in canada! No No NO, it's not good!!! They also pulled quite a stunt during the Just for Laugh festival wanting to forbid, an arab comic, to take the stage because they were affirming that he had only anti-diffamation and anti-semite content in his show. Well, it turned out, that comic was making fun at all the religions, even his own They took this one way over the top.

BTW, even didn't remember his name or that he defended O.J. but finding that out today, it doesn't surprise me.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote