View Single Post
Old 16-07-01, 11:00 PM   #6
WizzOzz

Hi.

Ich needed 1 week to download a movie from winmx (ghost in the shell, my first one wohooo ) and I found following out:
The displayed queue in the search screen is in no way excact. I often found 4 free solts to end in a queue of 10 people.
If you search for a file and immediately whois the person and than download the file, the whois/download queue is normally exact.

If youre queued and whois shows information, 2 minutes later winmx cant connect to server to get the whois again. I think the reason is the fast node changing from winmx (on the zeropaid board a guy wrote more details).

After letting the comp running for 10 or more hours I had a sometimes 8 transfers in queue and whois didnt work on a single one. Winmx obviouly doesnt notice a node change and the downloads simply hang in nirvana.

Btw, Im currently betatesting a firewall and playing with the rules showed that winmx opens a tcp connection to the homesite (normal). The interresting thing is, that winmx checks the iexplorer and connects using the proxy settings it found there. This do a lot of programs, but this behaviour basically nullifies filtering the outgoing traffic.

WizzOzz