View Single Post
Old 27-02-07, 07:06 PM   #13
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

I don’t know for a fact that the U.S. is funding terrorist actions against the Iranian Government.

I would go so far as to say that it may be occurring. It won’t be the first time the U.S. has covertly funded such programs. Needless to say, such programs are not without risks.

Since Iran is threatening Israel and the U.S. with annihilation, it’s a "no-brainer" why the U.S. would be more than a little concerned about what Iran is doing. Iran has already demonstrated ICBM capability, all they need is a nuke. As far as we know, they can’t make the necessary nuclear materials at the present, but they could acquire it.

If Iran can fund/supply terrorists against the U.S., why can’t the U.S. fund terrorists against Iran? Quid pro quo. If Iran doesn't like it, that's though stuff.

A lot of Iranian people are already unhappy with their President and his threatening talk. It probably won’t take much encouragement to make a change in government happen. It won’t take an invasion by the U.S..

Since the Dems do not seem to want the U.S. to stand against terrorism there should be no problem. If terrorism is bad we should be able to fight it in Iraq and Afghanistan, or elsewhere. If a stand against terrorism is bad, that means terrorism is an acceptable practice and we should be able to use it also.

In any case, the fight is “over there” and not in New York or another U.S. city. I would much rather the fight remain “over there”.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote