View Single Post
Old 07-05-05, 11:03 PM   #7
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I seem to remember the EFF form said that letters would be both emailed and faxed so there's a good chance that Congress will pay some attention to them. Whether or not they'll agree is yet another matter.

Since my Representative is a Republican I toyed with the idea of comparing the anti-circumvention clause to gun control. Had he been a Democrat I probably would have taken a different approach, but there's gotta be some way to frame the issue to make it fit into either party platform. That's what they really care about, along with their own reputations. It's unfortunate that these issues are being handled by a House and Senate that are almost split down the middle because nonpartisan issues like these get ignored.

All I can say is that if your Reps. are Tom Delay, Roy Blunt, Nancy Pelosi, Steny H. Hoyer, James Sensenbrenner, John Conyers, Lamar Smith, or Howard Berman, make sure you write a letter to them because they're the party and committee leaders that get things done in the House and they're the ones that need to hear us the most. Next in importance would be the rest of the House Judiciary Committee, especially members of the Subcommittee on Courts, the Internet, and Intellectual Property. Just have a look at their hearing schedule and you'll see all kinds of issues that apply to people like us. If these people represent you make sure they hear you.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote