View Single Post
Old 11-12-02, 07:02 PM   #5
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows One good reason...

One Good reason, that I appear less on here, and on the Opennap & WNP networks, is because of Filetopia, not because its searches are brilliant, or its user numbers are phenominal, but purely because of the social aspect, the focusing of genre, and range of interest in the various rooms.

No longer do I have to wade through pages of near misses on searches, like Nancy Wilson of Heart, when I want the REAL Nancy Wilson, Jazz, and Adult singer.

Or search for Dick Gaughan, and end up with Ray Vaughan..

"I Cant get Started" and end up with some rubbish about "get this party started"

No, when you are in the right room on Filetopia, you get the right music from the right people, and properly ripped too. FT 3.03 allows the saving of users lists, something 99% of other clients seem to have fallen shy of providing, not only are these lists available, but you can use them to initiate downloads, or create automatic "Watch Lists" that will find and start downloads whne the wanted file appears.

The Social aspect it superb, with broadcast or "Whispered communications, message lists etc. As a P2P user that never did get on to AudioGalaxy, I can see why so many Ag users are now on FT, its just like their old home.

Ok there are anomolies, crashes, and the usual problems that beset all internet connected systems, but its early stages, really in terms of development, the future could be really bright for FT.

TankGirl will no doubt have already expounded on the social virutes of FT, so you are reading nothing new from me on this rare visit to Napsterites.net.

I just hope to see a few more of my old friends and sparing partners from here, on there, if Goldenrod can make it, you all can, if you want to...

(Hi Tg, Hi Goldy, Hi JS,) good to read all your wisdom, and to know you are all still there and fighting for P2P.

Gone back to the Bat Cave again, until the next time... Cheers

Snark.
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote