Thread: Rock The Vote
View Single Post
Old 05-08-04, 02:59 PM   #9
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Remeber Live Aid? How about Farm Aid? Those are shows that don't just take a stand, they make a difference. Vote for Change is just a publicity stunt led by the same guy who tried and failed to oust Reagan in '84. I still like these guys' music, doesn't mean I care what they think about Bush though.
it is no more or less of a publicity stunt than Live Aid or Farm Aid and it takes a hell of a lot more balls to participate (look what happened to the Dixie Chicks the last time they spoke up). if these concerts can increase voter particpation in crucial swing states in November, then they will have made a difference.

and isn't it ironic that it takes charity events to raise money for needy Americans via Farm Aid, while your government pour billions of US taxpayer dollars into Iraq? Farm Aid has rmanaged to raise $17 million dollars in the 20 years of it's existence - we spent that much last week to help the poor Iraqis.

Vote For Change is encouraging regime change - that would make a helluva lot more difference in the average American's life than Farm Aid or Live Aid ever did.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote