View Single Post
Old 16-02-04, 03:12 AM   #37
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Peace Fake picture...???

Quote:
Originally posted by span
[IMG]the Democrats should be ashamed for inventing this drama and trying to use it again (after it already failed once).
...talking about inventing stuff... take a look.

Frightening attempt to fake Kerry protograph...
Back story regarding the picture that, presumably, wasn't good enough...

Not really interested in this tedious merry-go-round about Kerry. He's another politician and I doubt he'll bring anything to a potential Presidency that any other schmook could bring. In the end, he'll play the 'hero' or 'security experienced' card as much as possible - largely because Bush has (probably unadvisably) defined himself as a wartime leader... Both are opportunistically playing with the still raw emotions surrounding 9/11 and Iraq, because both know that to campaign on any other issue would leave themselves open to the accusation of being 'soft' (or some other such mindless bullshit).

As for the whole, "he threw his ribbons/medals and criticised fellow soldiers = traitor" rubbish... Get real - as I understand, he was pissed off with many things: the conduct of soldiers in the field, the blind-eye turned by the respective administrations and the state that the US had found itself in after following a misadvised foriegn policy of social engineering. Amazing how history repeats itself isn't it?

To me, Kerry's an unknown quantity, and the chances are that he'll have plenty of REAL skeletons in his cupboard that'll damage him later on. At the moment, I'll reserve my judgement on Kerry, but let's say I'm less than convinced by efforts to paint him as a terrorist-sympathiser, a communist-lover, an America-hater with equations to Bin-Laden. It's populistic crap-ola designed to instill fear: "Don't vote for this guy, coz you'll die a horrible WMD death if he's in power". The Dems are no better: "Don't vote for Bush, coz you'll die in poverty, with no healthcare and you'll be so undereducated you'll be too stupid to realise it... Oh, but we'll change all that."

The 'impartial' line appears to be: "Don't vote for Bush, coz he's a pretzel-choking, war-mongering, big-business-money-funnelling moron... Oh and Kerry looks like a genetic monster, but don't let that fuck y'up - it's better than nothing".

If the Reps want to criticise him, they could concentrate on the mixed messages over Iraq or his lack of direct Senatorial involvement, or even the poor showing regarding MIA's. But they won't... it just isn't as juicy. Looking forward to a dirty, smear-fest campaign by both 'sides'.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003

Last edited by tambourine-man : 16-02-04 at 03:35 AM.
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote