View Single Post
Old 14-02-04, 08:00 PM   #23
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by scooobiedooobie
tk..if you have no "qualms" about voting for kerry, i'd advise you to read up on his history...all of it. after you have, in all seriousness, i hope you will re-think your present stance.

kerry went far beyond just "calling it like he saw it". he turned against his fellow soldiers and america.

http://mensnewsdaily.com/archive/a-b...rich021304.htm

read what vietnam veterans think of him, visit the site...read it all.....

http://www.usvetdsp.com/jf_kerry.htm

hanoi jane & john.....
scoob, imho, if the man went over to Vietnam, took three bullets in the process of doing his duty, neither you nor i or anybody who wasn't there has any right to judge his views or actions on the subject. and for every vet who slams him, there's another who supports him - clearly, it's a question of perspective, and obviously, political orientation, as to how you view his conduct.

the jane fonda picture is a silly, desperate, and laughingly transparent attempt to paint the guy red. the GOP is preaching to the choir with this Vietnam stuff - most voters aren't gonna give a shit

regardless, it's a non-issue...we're talking about events 30 years gone. as i have to assume that Bush is no longer the same party frat guy he was then, i will also assume Kerry has matured and grown as any adult is likely to do between ages 20 and 50.

as for the Al Queda threat, frankly, the administration simply no longer has credibility in this area. by their own admission, they have serious flawed intelligence capabilities...and the whole Bush re-election campaign depends on keeping the public scared. there is every reason to question the administration's spin and less reason than ever to believe it.

btw, that Gary Aldrich quote is a little ridiculous, no? why bother to quote a guy who assumes he speaks for 50,000 guys who have been dead for 30 years? hell, you might as well quote yourself for what that's worth
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote