Thread: Nightline
View Single Post
Old 03-05-04, 11:16 AM   #17
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough for you, but I did use the word 'if' to qualify my sentence. These disserters you mention, they are not soldiers, and that is why they are dishonerably discharged and imprisoned.

I'll try your way here.
Quote:
Originally posted by Albed
If you think that ordinary soldiers get to decide whether to fight or not you're badly mistaken.
Quote:
There are plenty of examples throughout history of soldiers refusing to fight.
This contradiction doesn't necessarily make your points invalid, though. It meerly demonstrates that we are speaking on uneual terms. Your idea of a soldier is different from mine, and though you disagree with my point of view, I believe the in things I write so that what I've written are not lies. They may be untruths, and that has yet to be seen, but I do not purposly bear false witness. I have made an honest attempt to describe what in my mind constitutes a soldier, and all you have done is quarreled with me. If you were to give your discription of what you think a soldier is you would find that we agree on most things and differ only in this one point. But instead you quote that sentence over and over as if its repeated saying somehow diminishes it. Let it go Albed. I have not sunk to accusing you of purgury, so why do you dishoner me?
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote