Thread: Nightline
View Single Post
Old 02-05-04, 08:10 PM   #11
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally posted by Mazer
So the least we can do for them is let them do the job they continuously train for.
Quote:
Since the invasion was completed they've been doing work they were not properly trained for and yet they have done a wonderful job.
Still contradicting yourself.

Quote:
The burdon does fall upon our leaders to choose wars wisely,
The burden of dying or being maimed for life doesn't fall on the leaders at all. The only thing to fall on them is a state of disgrace which they seem hardly to notice.

Quote:
Above all, those soldiers were killed by the enemy, not by the leaders of the USA. The troops were sent out to fight, not to die,
Lately the troops have been sent out to hold positions while negotions proceed with the enemy, even though a few are killed every day. So they are not always being sent out to fight but they still die.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mazer Ultimately, though soldiers are trained to kill, their charge is to preserve life and that is precisely how they have been used in this conflict.
Their basic charge is to defend their country. They way they do it is to kill the enemy and destroy whatever he needs to fight. This is such basic knowledge that seeing you contradict it makes me question your mental competence.

Quote:
The funny thing about them, Albed, is that if given the choice to fight or not a soldier would always choose to fight.
Even you in your insulated and inverted state of existance must have heard the phrase; "The most reluctant to go to war are the soldiers for they know the true price to be paid."

Why you claim the opposite to be true is still puzzling to me, but very consistant for you. I've pointed it out repeatedly and it seems to be a deeply ingrained behavioral pattern.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote