View Single Post
Old 09-03-02, 06:14 AM   #7
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Quote:
Originally posted by napho
Just to add to the confusion I have both Grokster and iMesh and once iMesh wouldn't open so I went back to the original cd_clint and renamed the dummy .d instead of .dll.
Now both work without the ad bar. Go figure?
I have Grokster, iMesh & eDonkey all working happily with the dummy cd_clint file.

The only thing that snuck by with the iMesh install was NewDotNet which thanks to an induhvidual that we had on our old Morpheus Board I had allready learned how to remove before the fact.

I have learned something about using both Grokster & iMesh. Last night I was searching for some emo, punk and punk covers on Grokster and noticed one pretty fast connection. So I right-clicked and "Searched for more from user" and found a whole boatload of stuff... For some reason his downloads started slowing, so I closed Grokster and opened iMesh (I have them using the same download folder). It picked back up on the downloads at a much higher speed and stayed that way! The only downside is that you can't do the "search" thing with iMesh, but the two programs work well together.

I've noticed that iMesh is pretty agressive in finding more sources and tends to move along at a better pace then Grokster for me... But I like searching better with Grokster.
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote