View Single Post
Old 13-07-07, 08:54 AM   #13
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvachat View Post
Free speech in the states died a long time ago.
Along with a few more freedoms.
I don't worry about that here in the UK.
Please provide me with some examples Mal. How and when did Americans lose the right to Free Speech? When did “Free Speech Die in the States?” Also what freedoms have Americans lost? What can they not do now compared to what they could do let us say ten years ago?

Maybe you think Listening in on international phone calls from suspected terrorist is one of these freedoms? Well I don’t know about you but I think National Security trumps suspected terrorist rights to not have their phone calls monitored. I don’t think the calls would be allowed to be used in court for any reason and I don’t think that is the purpose. National Security is. On this subject, you know why I know the first Amendment of the Constitution is alive and well. The America Media sometimes does harm to National Security and the government has not stopped them. The Media reports on how the government is trying to stop terrorist attacks and has provided the enemies information in the past, which was very helpful to them.

Since 9/11, how many terrorist attacks have occurred in the USA and how many have occurred in the UK? Who has a better grip on National Security? I don’t live in the USA but I visit a lot, so what Freedoms have been lost? I have not noticed one. Except Canadians and Americans need a passport now to cross the border. Big deal, National Security again, pretty important.