View Single Post
Old 13-07-07, 06:36 AM   #12
malvachat
My eyes are now open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
malva, Dr. Carmona is only doing what a lot of people wait to do until after they quit their jobs because in non-European countries people risk dismissal when they openly insult their employers. He could have spoken up at any time but he chose to do so after he got his last paycheck. He would have acted the same way no matter who he was working for, and so would most people, so free speech really isn't at issue here.
Okay,so why is paying a "personal price"an issue?
He may well be a coward and dishonourable,stayed in the job too long and lots of other things.
It doesn't make him a "lying nutcase"
It's something about these personal attacks all the time instead of addressing the issue.

Free speech in the states died a long time ago.
Along with a few more freedoms.
I don't worry about that here in the UK.Our administration system in this country is so flawed,they never let the right hand know what the left hand is doing.
For example,I have worked all of my life except for a couple of months during the years of TBW"That Bloody Woman"
Now I have four NI numbers and three different tax codes.
This has happened because I did a lot of temporary work a few years back.When I start paying on one code they write and tell me I should be paying another.It gets changed.Then because of the fact I have four different NI numbers I get issued with another tax code.Which when means I pay top rate of tax coz they think I have four jobs.I appeal of course.Everything goes back to normal and I get a tax rebate.
Till next year it all happens again.
I have wrote and phoned at least ten times over the years.This has gone on for six years now.
That is without the fact the house we live in is in three different names.My wife's first husband(left 15 years ago)Her old married name when he left.And now her new married name.
Every year we get council tax bills and rent bills for all three,post for all three from the council and everything else.
To date we have been done 27 times for non-payment.When the debt collectors call we explain and they go away.
Till when,guess what?You got it next year.
This has been happening for the last 14 years and they still can't get it right.
With this sort of thing going on all over the country I don't think we're in danger of a fascist state just yet.