View Single Post
Old 19-02-04, 06:44 PM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

the policy decisions that come out of this administration invariably favor either a key campaign donor or a core constituent group. there's nothing new about that - every administration does it, to some degree. but in the 25 years or so that i've been paying attention to these things, never has it been so blatant.

the article illustrates a fundamental dishonesty to the Bush administration that has always disturbed me. i could deal with Clinton's lies, coz the stuff he lied about was petty bullshit that didn't affect me. but with the current administration, the doublespeak is about real issues that will affect us all for years....such as weakening environmental regulations, stifling genetic research, fudging the cost of policies (like Iraq and the prescription drug bill), allowing for record government expansion and ballooning deficits, trampling state's rights (in Oregon and California, for example), and most troubling, systematically dismantling transparency in government.

i said it in the Kerry thread and i'll say it here: when i look at the record, issue by issue, it is clear to me that the the country needs a change of direction.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote