Thread: 343
View Single Post
Old 03-02-04, 06:04 PM   #11
scooobiedooobie

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
scoob, there are nothing but facts in my statement you quoted. i said "500 dead" and "false pretenses." let's see, which of those two do you consider "specualtion" lol? there 500 dead and bush lied (or didn't tell the truth) about the wmd's (either way the pretense was false).

as for the rest of it i mentioned "huge numbers of...reservists" who'd still be home had bush not ordered them to war. no speculation there.
this is the statement that I was talking about.. it's the one i quoted....
Quote:
the fact remains that 500 people are dead who would not have been dead in in iraq had bush not sent them there under false pretenses. anything else is speculation serving a political stance.
your reference to reservists was in an entirely separate statement. lol.. pay attention jacky

saying we went to war under false pretenses is nothing but pure speculation, fueled by liberal hate-filled propoganda. 90% of the iraqi peple want us there. do you seriously think that getting rid of a cruel murdering dictator is a bad thing? you seem to forget that this war is a war on terrorism, and only when the world comes together to defeat terrorism, can peace come. it also seems you've forgotten 9/11.

saying that we went to war "under false pretenses" has become yet another catch phrase for the anti-bush crowd, meant soley to serve their political agenda.

have you been reading noam chomsky again?

Quote:
and oh yeah, i said that analysis is lame. it is. but obviously that's opinion, based on the author's distortion of the circumstances surrounding those deaths. now the rest of his opinion, particularly the parts you quoted like "Those who died in that cause have given an unforgettable gift to the Iraqi people, which will be remembered with gratitude for generations to come" isn't just lame.

it's absurd.
those who have died would not consider it absurd, the iraqi people do not consider it absurd, and you should not consider it absurd. shame on you.
scooobiedooobie is offline   Reply With Quote