View Single Post
Old 18-02-05, 02:42 AM   #36
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
U, the hard alpha ass have been against free D/l? all this time?

well fuck U then.
It can't be stopped. Even dips like U can't do it.

~~~I'm getting 'the good stuff now'. ~~~

Dillweed.
Not against anything Nic. I just never attempted to fool myself into thinking that p2p was ever going change copyright laws and we would be allowed to continue to STEAL copyright protected material just because the net and Napster software exposed this huge Black "loophole" in copyright law, that allows us to break a law without fear of consequence.

Right and wrong, legal or illegal shouldn't be determined by the difficulty something is to physically do, the fact that millions choose to, or just because it's hard to get caught doing it. Just because I can click a mouse to steal something, then instantly make it available to millions of other thieves, without ever getting off my lazy ass and more than likely won't get caught doesn't change the fact that it is wrong and illegal.

Most of you act like piracy is something that Napster started. This wonderful priviledge that we all should have been able to do for years. Well we have. Its just before we had to actually record everything in realtime, and then reproduce it individually to then SELL to others. Highly time consuming and costly, we were hardly a threat to the recording industry with our analog recorders.

July 18th 1969 7:35 pm, having a Norman Rockwell picturesque dinner with the family when the FBI shows up with a search warrant and arrest warrant for Dad. Seems Dad was showing illegal copies of unrealeased motion pictures on projection screens at local Houston area hotels for a nominal fee, along with some late night showings on the families cable company's pay channels.

Ahhh piracy in the old days. Now this was REAL piracy. It was a lot of work. You didn't sneak video cameras into theaters, back then they were the size of a Volkswagon Beetles and needed three people to operate them. You had to bribe and lie and cheat to get your hands on the actual reels to make your copies, then you had to lug those huge heavy antique RGB projectors, and projection screens around to the hotels to show them on. The only difference in what my Dad was doing and what I do on the internet, is that there are millions of me doing it instead of a few and I can hide behind my computer screen to do it.

As for wanting to stop it your wrong. I have always said that what Napster started CAN'T be stopped. Piracy is still here isn't it? You can't just fill in this loophole like some pothole and make it go away. Its been obvious from the outset that all the lawsuits and threats are just the RIAA and the Government making p2p as difficult as they can until they can figure out how to charge us for this newfound ability to break the law without consequence.

Which is exactly what they've done. They can't stop the theft but they can charge us a monthly subscription for our participation. As for saying you can't keep what you D/L. I see this as just more pathetic bravado and greed and just plain spite to continue putting the screws to us until they can offer "Napster Premium Service" for $49.95 a month where you then have their "permission" to save to disk everything you D/L.

They know someone will always hack their software and we will be able to save our music, this is why we want to D/L it for anyway DUH???? I can listen to music on the raidio or MTV. I download it for the sole purpose of SAVING it. So I say they should just set their fee and STFU already. I mean who are they trying to fool, we listen to music on the radio, T.V., we record music beit on or in any media or format to save it.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote