View Single Post
Old 03-01-05, 02:12 AM   #15
Gutrguy
Semiblind

Sorry about my rant a few days ago...wasnt in the best of moods as you can see. Our New Years Eve and New Years Night ended up NOT being cancelled!! In a desperation move i started calling music shops/stores to see if anyone there could fill in or if the people there knew anyone who was badass enough to fill in. I called a store the guy that answered said he could only do Jan 1st, i told him sorry we need someone for Dec 31st more than Jan 1st. He refered me to another one of their stores and said someone there might be able to help out. I called the other store...same thing with the guy that andwered the phone, then, by some strange twist of fate, he says there is another guy there that might be able to do it, i get put on hold...While im on hold they ask the 3rd guy, his name is Mark, if he wants a NYE gig, mark thinks they are fuckin with him!....so finally Mark gets on the phone and he says he can do it, we discuss how much he gets paid, and we set up a meeting for that night...unfortunately he had to cancel the meeting / jam the night before the show. So...we end up meeting Mark the night we are supposed to play. The guys at the music store (we rented our 'mains' from one of their stores) said that Mark was 'the shit'. We got to the gig early and went over our original music with him and he said to just que him in (look back and let him know there is a change) on the stuff he wasnt too familiar with. So we play....and i have to say this guy is by far the best fucking drummer ive ever met. We had a few goofs, but nothing that the normal listener would notice. So after it was all said and done we played 2 great shows and Mark is going to help us find a reliable drummer to join the band.

I brought my new digital camera and got quite a few good pictures, also got a 3 min. video of one our original songs. The video starts just after the intro and cuts off right near the last 4 bars of the song...damn camera will only record 3 min but the song is like 3:30... I will post a link when i convert to avi (for file size / bandwith reasons) and upload it to my site. Will also do the same when the pics are cropped / resized / thumbnailed.
Gutrguy is offline   Reply With Quote