Thread: Stevie Wonder
View Single Post
Old 05-11-02, 08:00 PM   #8
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Stevie Wonder was the very first live concert I ever attended. I won a front row ticket on a radio station when I was about 14 and I was the only visible caucasian in the audience, but was readily accepted--indeed if not a source of enthusiastic amazement. (It was then I first knew that I was way cooler than most of my junior high school peers--lol) B.B. King opened the show, and I got to shake his hand during an amazingly sweaty solo--memories, sorry...

Anyway, I was always a big fan of Stevie's 1979 double album Journey Through The Secret Life Of Plants, although I haven't heard it in years. Never had much luck finding it shared online. It was mostly instrumental, and seemed premonitory of a lot of the new age movement which was to become popular in the next decade. The piece Voyage to India really stands out in memory.

And, yet another example of the retardation of music companies--the album was not a big hit, even though I happen to think it was some of his best and most personal work--so obviously it's filed under Capitalistically Unworthy along with a lot of other classics. A little research has shown that apparently, CD versions are quite rare. There are currently 18 buyers waiting for used copies on Amazon, and there are a few LPs and cassetes of it for sale on Ebay. If anyone should happen to come across it in digital form, please let me know. Since the moguls considers it valueless, I reckon we should feel free to pirate its balls off.

Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote