View Single Post
Old 17-02-02, 10:49 AM   #13
napho
Dawn's private genie

Quote:
Originally posted by pgs92109
Napho, do you have a link to that Technology UK article that started this thread? I can't find any other articles about this. I have searched the web, and can't find anything else substantiating this. I would think that this would be a fairly highly talked about subject considering Morpheus is used by millions. Anyway, I keep telling friends they are going to start charging, and they don't believe me. Any links or further info on this would be appreciated, because, frankly, these friends are driving me crazy!

BTW, Sale & Pelletier
That story came and went so quickly I can't even find it in my browser's history.

Here's a little more

"I hope the fears of Morpheus were just as misplaced. We are not talking about revolution, we are talking about an evolution of technology," he said. "We hope it will change society."

"One day, I hope peer-to-peer networks will become as common as a telephone conversation without the operator listening in," he added.

Griffin said his "vision" of commerce in a peer-to-peer market relies on micropayments - the ability of consumers to make payments for amounts under $1.

http://www.technews.com/news/02/174215.html
napho is offline   Reply With Quote