View Single Post
Old 14-03-02, 03:29 AM   #1
twinspan
- a rascal -

Location: for security reasons, never the same as the President's
Screwy Grokster ATE my downloads!!!

Travails of a former Morpheus FT user...

Started out with Morpheus FT & RefoSearch, everything great ... until the Sharman/MusicCity bust-up and they both stopped working.

Then tried installing Grokster, but install failed.

Then installed Kazaa, old Morph d/l's successfully resumed, everything great until I found out about all the (self-reinstalling) spyware

Then tried hacking Morhpeus FT (as opposed to "Gnorphleus"), first by changing 4th byte of network config, then by installing Indy's reg zip. Both ways, still got 'too old' message and still wouldn't connect

Then re-tried Grokster, installed OK spyware-free as per instructions from project Amnesia, moved Morph/Kazaa .dats to My Grokster folder, and old d/l's resumed, everything OK ... UNTIL I tried to listen to/watch the completed d/l's.... they were GONE!!! Looked in My Grok, used Find (Win98) and searched for every MP3 and AVI, checked them all, no luck. Files shown as 'completed' in my Traffic window were completely gone, and so were their .dats. This was both for all migrated Morph/Kazaa completed d/l's, and some fresh Grok completed d/'s.

Then installed KazaaLite (spyware-free). Fresh d/l's work great ... but M/K/G .dats, now moved to KL's My Kazaa folder are not being resumed

Does anyone know why Grokster ate my downloads?
Does anyone know how to get KazaaLite to resume my previous M/K/G downloads?
Does anyone know if these problems involve .dbb files? (I don't really know what to do with those)
Does anyone know who I have to sleep with to connect to Morpheus FT?

Please excuse long post.
Any help appreciated
twinspan is offline   Reply With Quote