View Single Post
Old 19-04-01, 11:40 AM   #34
Malk-a-mite

Quote:
Originally posted by rebel_mom
When a thread starts for those with an attention span weather meant to or not it reads like"not for you idiot" an open invitation for me to see if I have an attention span........
As is all to often a problem here - too much is being read into the parts I don't want people to and not enough being read into others. I take that as my fault being the one trying to pass on ideas in a written medium. I shall try harder to be more clear.

As for the now infamous Attention Span thread, it was so labeled due to that fact it was primarily a link to a much longer piece and a week old discussion that had taken (and was still ongoing) at another site. An attention span was needed to go there, read thru, and them report back your fellings and ideas - as it was many just posted off the 2 paragraphs of the opening I posted. There were a few very well done exceptions, as always.

Quote:
2:Although annoying to some of the threads I have started are just corny and stupid to get some activity going and chill a bit.
And there is nothing wrong with those. The problem enters when someone takes a "non-corny" thread and decides to "chill" it a bit. Does that make sense?

Quote:
3:I really like to learn graphics and share them and although a differant content alot time though and effort goes into those posts/threads.
Content = effort
No matter what the medium. Good luck on the graphics.
Quote:
4:If separate title will mean "content" threads will be read more only time will tell, I say yes because in a seperate space of it's own it will not get buried as the forum is building up great which was the goal.
My fear is the large group of people won't visit the other wing of the foum to see them. The only people posting will be ones seeking out less fluff, and in so we lose a good group of people. But as for now it's the best solution we have.

Quote:
5:"Content" posts do require more thought and reading and therefore I bypass some saying i will go back and check it out but by that time it is off the front page and I forget about it in this space this will not happen.
Good point.
Quote:

As for respect well to me that is a given one must give respect to recieve respect no matter what it is you are doing......because a face and voice is not attached to the words does not alter the fact that their is a human being behind these words not a machine:)
Respect can only be given once it is earned. :)

The words are just that words - once you have put them out in the world thru speech, writting, or posting the words are on their own. They must stand against hate, intolerence, and distrust. The words will be attacked, defended, and used for purposes other than which they were intended. The human behind the words must trust that they have choosen the correct group of words to define the ideas in which you are trying to reach a group of people with.

:)
===================

Last edited by Malk-a-mite : 19-04-01 at 11:40 AM.
Malk-a-mite is offline   Reply With Quote