View Single Post
Old 01-08-01, 07:10 AM   #6
Yeah-I-Did-It

Quote:
Originally posted by assorted

I agree, that is a pain in the ass. For ease of use, AG and Gnucleus/Gnutella aren't even in the running. But most of us hardcore folks just care about results. And, if your shopping for ease of use, why not use Morpheus instead of WinMX (which was giving me equal if not consistently better results?)

Morpheus instead of WinmX? This is why I don't use Morpheus Kazaa over WinmX. Interface layout sucks its hard to read/resize/and sort columns. I'm not sold on the segmented download idea yet. I get faster downloads with WinmX. Lack of options WinmX kicks ass in this area. (keep in mind I use Kazaa Morpheus caused serious problems for me when initially released and I'm waiting for several more versions before I try it again) Search options are too vague Kazaa only reports up to 128 bitrate unless you edit your registry. >>>>>1) Run regedit.(Using start menu> run > 'regedit')

2) Press ctrl+F to search, and search for 'limitbitrate ' (takes a few seconds) doubleclick limitbitrate and change the value to a 0 (zero). This enables searching of files over a 128 bitrate .

After applying these changes, you'll now notice that you can download mp3's off KaZaA at any bitrate. Happy downloading!
<<<<<<

Morpheus I understand allows all bitrates now?

Does Morpheus also allow you to use an external player now "winamp"??

I have no problems getting results with WinmX "could just be my favorite genre?" And as I mentioned before I seem to find better quality files on the WPNP than anywhere else I have tried. I check for quality and codecs with this http://www.guerillasoft.com/Encspot/ its new and fairly buggy but getting better and updates are only weeks apart. Kazaa Morpheus users seem to be in the on the fly musicmatch jukebox encoding mode!
I will give the Kazaa network a slight edge on software results over WinmX but both are close. I also trust Musiccity less than WinmX "personal thing" I would imagine that if Morpheus continues to grow as it has I will venture its way soon?
I have also noticed a difference in times when I get best results with WinmX. Typically evening hours to early morning are the best (U.S central time) But for now WinmX has what I want when I need it and it produces more matching files for resume purposes than opennap. If you don't get good search results with the WPNP try to play with the settings a little. On the connect screen hover over WPNP and select configure and play with the search options a little. If you are on port 0 you will also get less results keep that in mind