View Single Post
Old 12-06-02, 09:44 AM   #48
Xman
It is well established that the RIAA, and only the RIAA, has the right to exploit artists.

Default Re: The noose is tightening

Quote:
Originally posted by napho
More companies ready to cap the amount you can dl/ul.

"A host of cable companies, including AT&T Broadband (T ), Charter Communications (CHTR ), Comcast (CMCSK ), and Cox Communications (COX ), are moving away from the old flat-fee pricing scheme that allowed users to download and transmit endless amounts of data (especially music, movies, and software) over high-speed connections. Instead, they're rolling out new pricing schemes that could put limits on bandwidth usage per month and charge users additional fees if they go above the limit."

http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...20612_1108.htm
Well, the telco market is one big bloodbath with a lot of companies going into bankruptcy, chapter 11 and cutting back on employees. And since they're drastically reducing capex, they've got to make sure that they won't be forced to upgrade their network. And capping usage is a very efficient method.

In my two years of broadband usage, I've always had caps (15 GB shared by three ppl.). I can imagine that people with unlimited will find the new system stifling.

But it won't stay winter in telco land forever.
Xman is offline   Reply With Quote