View Single Post
Old 23-12-06, 02:30 PM   #12
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

The Dems might have to figure out a way to start kicking a lot of folks out of their party if they want to uphold the high moral standard they talk about. Talk is cheap, we all know that.

Here's another fine example of "high Democratic Party moral standards": Democratic Florida Senator Gary Siplin.

Siplin has been convicted of felony grand theft for using State paid staff workers on his 2004 election campaign.

Siplin still owes Miami-Dade taxpayers about $200,000.00 for a business loan he once received.

Siplin was recently arrested for probation violation.

BUT
He's still in office
He has support from fellow Democrats for re-election in 2008
He's having fund raisers for such re-election.

In other words, business as usual despite a felony conviction.

Just think, this guy is a convicted felon so he will not be able to vote in an election, but he is still casting votes in the Florida Senate.

Siplin has appealed the conviction.

Quote:
TALLAHASSEE - Democratic state Sen. Gary Siplin of Orlando has earned a distinction unique in the history of Florida: He's the only legislator to remain in office even though he is a convicted felon.
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/16205762.htm

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote