View Single Post
Old 14-12-06, 11:55 AM   #6
Sinner
--------------------

Ok, I have said in the past Democrats can not be trusted with National Security, many here disagree and maybe I am wrong. I mean Nancy Pelosi said that she would set the highest ethical standards for the incoming Congress. Sounds great, but they are not even in power yet and we`re already seeing signs of scandal and incompetence. Pelosi passed over a ranking Democrat, Jane Harman, for the post of House Intelligence Committee chair. She put Silvestre Reyes in Harman`s place. Well what do I know? Maybe he will be good, who is Silvestre Reyes anyways. Well I do know this about him. He just flunked a foreign policy test given to him by "Congressional Quarterly`s" Jeff Stein.

---Glen Beck--- “Reyes was asked whether al Qaeda was a Sunni or Shiite organization. Now, the average Joe may not know this, but he should. He said, quote, "Al Qaeda, they have both," Reyes answered. You`re talking about predominantly. Predominantly, probably, Shiite? In fact, Congressman Reyes, al Qaeda was founded by Osama bin Laden as a Sunni organization.

Now, later in the interview, Reyes was asked if he knew who Hezbollah was. No. Apparently didn`t have an answer on that one.

Stein says the woman Pelosi passed over, Jane Harman, knew her stuff cold, but her bipartisan tendencies may have been a little unpopular with the rest of her fellow Democrats.”---

Ok yes, some GOP members flunked the test too, but would it not make sense to have a qualified person in this position?? Are the Democrats doing what is best for the country or what is best for the Democrats for 2008?? Is this what Nancy Pelosi ment when she said she would set the highest ethical standards for the incoming Congress