View Single Post
Old 02-05-07, 08:11 AM   #82
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
It's actually an example that Al Gore doesn't really have the concern for the environment that he claims or he wouldn't be abusing it to such an extraordinary degree, just as Jimmy Swaggart doesn't really believe god exists or he wouldn't be provoking his wrath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona_A_Stone View Post
Neither of those assertions are necessarily true at all in the real world of course, but if such baseless assumptions help you cling to your bias and dysfunctional version of reality, that's your perogative.
When someones actions conflict with their words then only the weakest minds continue to believe their words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
...and your own claim that global warming can cause global cooling clearly shows just how unquestioning you in particular are.
Quote:
That is not 'my claim,' it is a theory. (You really just can't help spinning everything can you?) I've not taken any position on its truth, but you can't seem to help yourself from insisting I have,
You've used it in your argument so if you don't think it's true that would make you a hypo...ahh, would make you Ramona.

Quote:
In fact when you, or Mazer or Drakonix or anyone else who maintains anthropogenic climate changes are "not supported by science" can produce one bit of scientific evidence that conclusively refutes it, (repeating variations of the phrase over and over doesn't count by the way), I will no longer assume we are merely listening to your preferred beliefs ad nauseum and at that time I will revisit the unlikely assertion that you've managed to transcend science and draw a valid conclusion from an inconclusive set of data and get back to you.
When something doesn't exist it produces no "proof" of its non-existance, only an absence of evidence. You've become as pathetic as the rest of the religious lamers who demand the same "proof" that god doesn't exist.

Quote:
Meanwhile, if you really think the current quality and rate of increase of human industry can continue unchecked indefinitely without any environmental repercussions, I suggest you go sit in the garage with your car running for awhile and think about it some more.
While your own religious brainwashing prevents you from comprehending it, more rational people understand that the environment in the U.S. and other advanced countries has actually improved significantly in the past several decades in spite of increased industrial activity and this improvement is spreading to other countries.

And if you think the modern diesel engine in my pickup will cause carbon monoxide poisoning you're once again displaying your vast ignorance.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote