View Single Post
Old 01-06-03, 05:59 PM   #14
multi
Thanks for being with arse

i found this users comments on es5 interesting...
they posted this at slyck..
Quote:
OlderThanDirt:
Earthstation 5's service, which recently launched their first (supposedly) non-beta version, raises some puzzling questions. They say they're located in Palestine ... and by "they," I don't just mean their domain registration info. A person calling himself "SharePro" has posted to the KazaaLite forum as an ES5 representative ... and he claims a Palestinian server location as well. Excuse me ... but, during a time when Israel is being plagued by suicide bombers and concerned over possible linkage to support from Iran's Hezbollah, would Israel's Mossad intelligence service allow the existence of a stealth-server on Palestinian soil ... much less allow such a server to communicate with a multinational usership?

Other questions:

(1) Why does a very quick DOS window open up during installation? What is being done at that moment?

(2) Why does it create a one-megabyte file named OrbitterShellMenu.dll in the Windows\System directory?

(3) Why does it create massive registry entries, mostly under the name 'Excalibur', that remain in the registry even after the program is uninstalled?

(4) Why, after a year's worth of development, is there no apparent news story about it in the usual places like Wired.com or C-Net ... or anywhere else?

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I smell an awful lot of unrefrigerated fish here.
im off to look see if i still have those files about....

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote