View Single Post
Old 26-11-06, 04:41 AM   #7
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Actually, the Dems are screaming - in Sarasota County, Florida again. It seems that a Republican won by less than 400 votes (after a re-count), so the Dems are screaming that the e-Voting machines are the culprit. There is even some rumors of trying to get a new election.

Whereas the e-Voting machines are not ready for prime time (they are decertified here in California) we have to remember why there was a stampede to go to the e-Voting machines and the debacle that created.

These are the same e-Voting machines that got rushed into use after the infamous dimpled chads and hanging chads incident of the 2000 election, also in Florida.

Actually, this time it seems most of the flap is not the functioning of the e-Voting machines themselves, but the way the ballot was designed, supposedly causing voters to skip part of the ballot.

The e-Voting machines do have difficulties, but at least some of the problem is that there are voters (particularly in Florida it seems) that have trouble casting votes correctly using any voting scheme.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2174376.shtml

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote