View Single Post
Old 06-10-04, 10:02 AM   #27
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer

I tend to feel the same way. This Frankenstein's-monster mix of government subsidized and free market health care is a beast that few other nations have to deal with. I'm certain the FTC could probably drum up a profiteering case against the insurance companies, the perscription drug companies should have to face more competetion than they do, and there's lots more that can be done. Government intervention is necessary sometimes, but in this case they're intevening in the wrong places and they just need to shift gears.

It took a cold war to get us to the moon; it would take a similar push from the government to cure cancer and AIDS. They should be pushing for more research and be less liberal with awarding patents, this would drive down the cost of perscription drugs and other medical supplies. The government should help more medical students get through school, not just cheaply but also well educated in the end, and this would lead to lower litigation insurance rates and reduce doctor's fees overall. When the building is crumbling you don't waste resources making superficial repairs, the first thing you look at is the foundation and reinforce it, and that's research and education as far as heath care is concerned. That will at least prevent things from getting worse, and reforms thence forth will have a lasting effect.
that makes alot of sense..

this just in..

Quote:
Unintended consequences of Cheney's dot-com v dot-org debate goof
During last night's vice presidential debate, Dick Cheney advised viewers interested in his version of the facts about Halliburton to visit factcheck.com. Evidently, he meant to direct them to factcheck dot ORG, a site run by the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania, but mis-spoke. Factcheck dot COM redirects you to GeorgeSoros.com which contains arguments on "why we must not re-elect President George Bush." Whups.
http://www.factcheck.com/
http://www.factcheck.org/

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote