View Single Post
Old 06-10-04, 06:10 AM   #22
goldie
yea, it's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy boy

I have read one of our fellow Napsterite had to pay $600+ a month for medical insurance and I am sure many others will have to cough up that kind of dough with him/her/them
Now I am going to use a dirty word for ya yanks but wouldn’t it be better if you peeps start to pay attention to countries where medical insurance fees are paid COLLECTIVELY ????? I pay for a basic (no dentist, no alternative healthcare/treatment) roughly $60 a month and if I do want the whole deal I will pay about $84 (I don’t wanna be caught on a lie, so it is only fair to say that it is on the rise here too and this amounts comes on top of what my employer has to pay)

I have been told that without a job you peeps are not insured for medical treatment at all. Is this true ??? Sounds a bit dangerous to me!
We are all medically insured here, the working, the unemployed even illegal aliens won’t be without medical treatment. Don’t get me wrong here I am not saying that this country and that our system is so much better, far from it. However I like the idea that someone from a country where TB reigns supreme and when he/she makes it into this country he/she will get treated before he/she infects more and more people.
Hell Legi, i have a job and don't git no damn health insurance....not offered, not partial paid, nutting.

my (and family's) best hope of getting any sort of insurance is to sign up for medicaid (sorta welfare) but guess bloody what?! We own too much to qualify for any assistance. we'd have to live in a tent and ride a horse to work:S

there's nothing for the working poor or lower middle income folks....damn sorry for what's supposed to be one of the "richest" countries in the world, eh.

and yea, it's fucked up. totally.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote