View Single Post
Old 15-03-02, 01:22 AM   #12
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
all fastrack clients freeze when too many files are shared. just how many seems to depend on the individual users but i'd start there. cut your files by half and see what develops.

- js.
Hopefully, that's not the case because since I reformated my hard drive before installing XP I'm now only sharing about 50 files. If Grokster is having problems with that small of a number then the program has more problems then I thought. But like you said the number seems to vary from user to user. It also doesn't happen all the time so I can't quit place the problem. I'm going to have to play with it a little more to see what results I'm getting.

Although, when Grokster freezes on me it does abort the uploaders so it could be one of the reasons why stoepsel and others have been getting a lot aborts. The freezes seem to fix themselves within a few seconds so if I leave Grokster on for awhile I wouldn't know how many times it has frozen on me. I'm guessing some of the aborts I'm seeing are due to the freezes....but I could be wrong.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote