View Single Post
Old 01-05-05, 04:42 PM   #33
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
...But if the government is willing to give me some degree of control over how my money is wasted then I'll be happy to have it, and if not then I don't really mind.
Welcome to the sponsorship scandals in Canada Mazer, same shit has happened over here but it is on different issues. We, the province of Quebec are almost 25% of the population of Canada and our taxes, what we pay back to the gov, we get it back by pleading with the fed gov and what is givin back is even lower than 25% of the money we sent to them, but yet, they are able to boast about what surplus Canada has with income tax money.

The result of this, More than a year waiting to have a critical surgery, doctors are sick and tired to tell patients that they will have to wait more than 6 month because the list is full. That is why we keep loosing our doctors to US interests. They are sick and tired to see how the system works and they cannot put up with it, so they just leave to a place they can give better care to those who have the money.

Maybe you don't mind on how are things are going toward the SS in your country but I sure as hell mind as to what is happening in my country about this.

Beside, nothing is ever secured, even private companies that shut down after 80 years of operation, even tho it was private funds and a private company, even tho some ppl had been working there for 40 years and have contributed to fund their future re... they got fucked and lost all their money and security without even a notice that the company was going bankrupt. That is why a REER regime is more appealing to me.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote