View Single Post
Old 02-11-03, 05:43 PM   #3
SA_Dave
Guardian of the Maturation Chamber

Evil Black Grin

Quote:
Why shouldn't I be allowed to make a copy of a CD I have paid for so I can listen to it on my computer or put it on an MP3 player? This shows that the law can be an ass," said George Gardiner, technology lawyer and partner at law firm Stephenson Harwood.
He has a point, but I have to wonder where he bought...uhmm earned ...his law degree?

Quote:
This is not a question of one industry's interests being more important than another's. It's a question of finding the right balance.

We love new technologies and have inevitably prospered from them.

What we are opposed to is businesses built on infringing other people's copyrighted products. We love peer-to-peer technology; we hate businesses that are built on using peer-to-peer to sell advertising with the draw of stealing other people's works.

There are legitimate ways to use technology, and then there are abuses of technology, and just because you go after the abusers doesn't mean that you have a problem with the technology.
Horseshit! Just for Cary , developers are hard at work on the next generation of community-oriented file-sharing clients. These clients will be designed specifically NOT to make any company or organisation prosper, his in particular!

Quote:
We have no problem with a music industry that is more diversified, that gives new opportunities for new labels and new artists. This is not about maintaining control; it's about being fair in regards to the ability of people to get paid for their work.
Be careful what you wish for! It might just happen...
SA_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote