View Single Post
Old 17-04-04, 07:41 PM   #108
multi
Thanks for being with arse

i would like to say good job on this1.4alpha3
some good additions to the prefrences

still the chat room dont show until you join it..but i am pretty used to that now

looking forward to the future releases...

found after doing this a few times now (keeping the old mesh's prefrences intact and upgrading the client) i have come apon a system i thought i would share..

for the sake of the example i will make your current waste directory c:\WASTE

before running the new waste installer
rename c:\WASTE to c:\WASTE1 or something

run the installer no need to make a serious key just skip forward till the installation is finished close the default waste ..you can delete the default.pr0-.pr4 it just made or keep it for a spare..

from your old dir( waste1 directory you renamed) copy your downloads folder to your new waste directory plus all your
.pr0-4 files for all your meshes..

then run waste as per usual..everything should be the same as when you used waste last but with the latest client..

doing it this way makes sure i have a backup of the old waste set up until everything is sweet on the new one..

it may well be that if you dont have your mesh named default in the profile manager..and install the new client straight in over the old will have exactly the same effect...if you do it this way please let me know..

i am curious about this waste.exe.manifest file..
it is a xml file

<assemblyIdentity type="win32" name="Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" version="6.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="X86" publicKeyToken="8329b937459431fd" language="*" />

curious about this bit..
if some programmer type could be bothered explaing it to me

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote