View Single Post
Old 25-02-06, 07:47 AM   #15
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Because any time Mahmoud Ahmadinejad talks about Zionists what he means is Jews, specifically Israelis. Among the many reasons cited by the Bush administration for invading Iraq, establishing a Jewish Zion was never one of them and we all know that. Since he got elected last year Ahmadinejad has said some deeply stupid things and if I wanted to make a point he would be the last person I'd quote.

Before today I've never read anything Buckley wrote, but it's obvious from his words that Democrats aren't the only people prone to defeatism. That doesn't surprise me when I consider our society's obsession with bad news.
well, technically, if you want to go by the definition of Zionism, it would be accurate to characterize the US as Zionist to some degree: "Modern Zionism is concerned with the support and development of the state of Israel". sounds like us, no?

meanwhile, the neocon dream in Iraq is dead, but i see you're still nursing that Iraqi liberation/democracy fantasy. nevertheless, it's not surprising to see more and more righties jump overboard and swim away from the ship. are they defeatist or just realistic? there is a general weariness on the right - 5 years of defending this president and his dreamy foreign policy has taken it's toll. the undercurrent is that it's long past time to put some grown-ups back in charge of the country.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote