Thread: soulseek
View Single Post
Old 12-10-02, 10:01 AM   #4
Haole
Pronunciation: 'hau-lE

Default Re: Input Needed

Quote:
Originally posted by spstn

So any kind soul out there that knows for a FACT, not virtual word of mouth, where this music has gone, please let me know so I can stop grieving about AG.

God!. AG, I don't care what my wife thinks, I'll miss you for ever.

OK, please don't take this the wrong way:

You probably have alot of the music of the afore-mentioned artists, correct? Admittedly, some of my searches didn't turn up many results--there were plenty of Grobschnitt and PFM, although many were not related files--but you could probably bring a bounty of that stuff over to Soulseek.

The best thing about Soulseek is that there are a large number of Avant-garde artists in many genres, from electronica to classical, that fit into the same philosophy as your choices. Much of what I've found I've never heard before, which is why I like it. For me it's about finding music that I've never encountered and would have to spend enormous amounts of money to hear, not to mention whether I like it or not. I use www.amg.com to point me towards artists who may somehow be related or similar to artists I dig. I've had tremendous success with the combo.

When you do find the artists the you like, there is very little file maintenance that's needed, because you can download entire folders, unlike AG.

Check it out--yes, AG is sorely missed, but it's gone and it ain't comin' back, so get your ProgRock over to Soulseek. What have you got to lose?
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote