View Single Post
Old 12-02-02, 04:24 PM   #21
xolox_girl

i have used 3 programs

audiogalaxy - used this mainly with a 56k modem and it was great as i could find almost anything. however just as i got a cable connection they started blocking songs and i got fed up with searching for obscure variations and the slow downloads

winmx - downloaded this while looking for a replacement for ag. it was a bit confusing at first after ag but i soon got the hang of it. Its good in the sense that you get a lot of info about what ur getting etc but i find that the downloads are slow compared to xolox

xolox - what i use now and also what i seem to have found myself distributing. with broadband i find that it is ideal for me. it uses multisegmented downloads which means that u get a file from many different sources therefore ur d/l speed does not depend on one person and mine generally exceeds 30k easily - i have never got anywhere near that on winmx. it seems to have a good choice for downloads and it is very easy to use. the developers no longer develop it however there are many cracks and patches available from my site (www.geocities.com/xolox_girl) and recently zeropaid have taken it up although so all they have done is the same as everyone else who has developed a crack and then put their own browser in.
xolox_girl is offline   Reply With Quote