View Single Post
Old 11-02-05, 01:42 PM   #119
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona_A_Stone
As a matter of fact, it's kind of surprising to me that the whole "liberal vs. conservative" issue was made an intrinsic part of the thread from the very outset. Apparently the implication is that only liberals would dare distrust the version of reality that's filtered through the media and government agencies, while "conservatives" seem to have a significant need to see that version as complete, whole gospel truth. Either that, or couching it in those typically pointlessly polarized terms makes them feel better about it somehow.

I thought questioning authority was good for everyone, regardless of political persuasions, but I guess questioning authority is strictly out of fashion in some camps. C'est la vie.
Is that what people are doing in this thread? Questioning Authority, because I don't see it that way, if this was a thread about what the government knew before the 9/11 attackes or how the responed to it would make sense to me, but to say Flight 77 never hit the Pentagon is insane. So because CNN and ABC, etc say a plane hit the pentagon means it never happened? The 100's of witnesses which saw an American airline fly over them or near them before the explosion are all lairs. What do they have to gain? So because there is no hole were the wings hit makes the 100's of witnesses lairs? I can see if two people say they saw a jet but over 100, unlikely. The whole quote you made above is BS.

Quote:
By the way Sinner, where do you get your information about how many "undecided voters" oppose gay marriage? Seems like you'd have to be pretty much a psychic to get those kinds of statistics.
The undecided voter is the person who has not yet settled on a preference for the presidential election. The identification of these individuals depends on the kinds of questions asked in the public opinion poll. So, now that you know what an undecided voter is you can clearly see I don't have to be psychic. Every poll I have seen, in Canada and the USA, the mass population is against Gay Marriage. Marriage is between Man and Woman. It is God's Law according to the Bible and it is Man's Law according to the Constitution. For the record - I am not Religious or a Homophobe, which George Weinbert who defined it as "the dread of being in close quarters with homosexuals." It grew to mean a general "fear of homosexuals or of homosexual behavior."