View Single Post
Old 27-04-02, 10:16 AM   #20
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Cry

sorry all for turning this into a programming thread...but I am trying to understand how this software works...my reasoning is that they fukked with us first (Altnet) so now its time to fukk back (rework their code to do what we want it to do)

Okay I found the correct command to use to get the debugger working on the kazaa executable located in the program files\kazaa folder

I also found an easier way which Scyth was the FIRST to discover (i try to give credit where it is due ...thanks, Scyth )

Now then the easiest and most Laymen'ts way (meaning even I could do it) to run the debugger on the kazaa is to do eXactly as Scyth indicated above only instead of putting it in the same directory as the kmd.exe put the text file called kazaadebug.log inside of the directory you have KaZaA installed to.

Meaning if you installed KaZaA to c:\program files\KaZaA then put your plain ascii (text file) called kazaadebug.log in that directory... then whenever KaZaA (any version is run from that directory) you will get a debug report by opening up the kazaadebug.log at the end of your KaZaA session you will get all

kinds of great information concerning what is going on.

Right now I've found this out from the debug log and viewing changes made to the Network_Config key in HKLM software KaZaA

its is showing that the "upgrade notice" is NOW a part of the network_Config info and that the encryption has been increased from 9bits (in Kazaa 1.33) to now 41bits (which is a hell of a lot stronger)

BTW Scyth what encryption was that you used above in the test or "challenge" for me?

I've seen the EXACT same kind of encryption used on the www.kazaa.com website on port 1214

and also on the supernode.kazaa.com port 1214 server as well.

If you can tell me what it is I'm trying to unencode it would be a big help

thank-you all for contributing please continue your efforts...lets crack this thing once and for all and have a really truly independent network based on the fasttrack technology.

butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote