View Single Post
Old 31-08-05, 06:38 PM   #14
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

So now we are trying to blame President Bush and the government for damage caused by a Category 5 hurricane that is historically among the three most powerful hurricanes known? Nice try, but I'll not swallow that spoonful of low grade fertilizer.

Unless President Bush can wave a magic wand and stop hurricanes and/or raise the city of New Orleans above sea level, what happened with Katrina and New Orleans was a situation that could have happened at any time in the past, could (and probably will) happen again.

It could have been a lot worse. If the eye of the hurricane had hit about 40 or 50 miles further to the west, the storm surge would have been much stronger and made the current situation look tame in contrast.

Blaming President Bush or the government for (Category 5) hurricane related flooding in a city that has always been below sea level and is completely surrounded by waterways and wetlands is ridiculous.

There are a lot of folks (who happen to work for the government) who have done, and are continuing to do everything they can prior to and in the wake of this devastating storm.

Everyone has the right to speak as they wish. I choose to not disrespect the efforts of government and emergency services personnel with politically motivated bitching.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote