View Single Post
Old 02-03-02, 10:35 AM   #4
zombywoof

I never posted at the morpheus forums so it don't make much difference to me what they do over there. What I do know that what is going on over there is not unlike what happened to napster, the software forum and the core userbase that helped over there, myself included. As much as I've enjoyed downloading napster for the first time, discussing the app with other knowlegeable users on the forum, since that was the only way people knew what was wrong with all the releases they came out with, the one thing I always had in the back of my head when the metallica thing came out, and the riaa lawsuits is there's a good chance napster was going to go thru big changes and that eventually their forums and users were going to be cast aside.

A lot of the origional nap forum members, especially in the software forum saw this as well, and began branching out from the napster forum. There was audiognome. Diego and company were doing their thing over there because they had the vision to see what was happening at napster. (the ttol bannings, Diego's name even being censored and such.) Then there was napigator, the software allowing the napster app to connect to the opennap servers and they too branched out with a forum of their own as well. What i got from all of this was that people were not going to wait around for napster to help their users because everyone knew it wasn't going to happen, so they branched out and many of the people who helped in the software forums at napster moved on to these other areas away from napster. What I have gotten or learned from this is that there are a lot of former napster users who do not stay loyal to a company or a piece of software, rather they are always on the lookout for bigger and better filesharing apps that work well and suit their needswithout necessarily being loyal to to one brand name. For me, i'll run 10 p2p apps if they help me get what I'm looking for.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote