View Single Post
Old 18-03-05, 05:49 AM   #4
legion
I took both pills.

Quote:
Dutch Internet Cracks Down on File-Sharing
Toby Sterling

Five major Dutch Internet providers agreed Monday to cooperate in a crackdown on illegal file sharing, saying they will send warnings to clients suspected of swapping copyrighted music, film and software files.

"This is a service, a warning to clients that they are doing things that are against the law," said Maaike Scholten, spokeswoman for providers HetNet and Planet Internet, two of the five Internet providers.
Hmmm that is interesting those two belong to one and the same company named KPN (dutch telecom giant also owner of many companies abroad)

Quote:
In December 2003, the Dutch Supreme Court set an international precednt by ruling that software used to share files was legal. But it didn't rule out that individuals could be prosecuted for using such software to share copyrighted works.
Yeah one has to love dutch judges, i can have a 1 copy of every copyrighted material i own. The media i store it on is entirly up to me ... i can't help it if you f*ckers use kazaa, emule or whatever and "steal" it from me

Quote:
The decision left the Brain Institute in a similar position as the American recording industry, which has sued song-swappers for tens of thousands of dollars in damages.
Not entirely ... unless i keep 5 copies of any copyrighted material in my house, they don't have a leg to stand on. Even if i download into the terrabytes it is still a no go. all i have to say is that my kids destroyed the original and it is bye bye brain institute.
besides that without a court order they can't touch me. Privacy laws are considered far more important here than copyright infringement. The first court order for filesharing has (for as far as i know) yet to be signed.

Quote:
The Brain Institute — a popular target of Dutch hackers — was founded in 1998 to fight what the entertainment industry sees as piracy and copyright infringement.
Now who would do such a thing?

Quote:
At least one major Dutch provider, XS4ALL, said it would not cooperate with the Brain Institute.

"They never even asked us," said spokeswoman Judith van Erven. "I guess they know where we stand."

She said XS4ALL, pronounced "Access for All," was "not an enforcement arm of the entertainment industry."
I guess it doesn't get more dutch than this. Remeber i talked about KPN this is the third one they own. so all i have to do is call a different phone number and swap from one KPN internet provider to the next kpn internet provider .... wow ... that will be so hard to do.

Another good example of a monster created by people who try to make themselves feel really really important while they know in advance that it is never gonna work

Thanks jack
legion is offline   Reply With Quote